Adrian Eglinton's eBook Course,
The Journey To Trad Witchcraft
A Seeker's Guide to understanding Traditional Witchcraft beliefs, concepts, customs, rituals, and spellcraft.
Please Note: This Trad is part of the traditional "Old Craft". We are NOT Wicca.
A 180-page illustrated reference on Medicinal Plants and traditional home remedies.
CLICK to read more
Trads & Groups
Groups, Organisations, and Information Websites
Note: On this page we list third-party sites which we
assume no responsibility for their content or accuracy. We may not necessarily agree with everything they say. As with all new contacts made online, caution and common sense should always be exercised.
You can refer to the following article before joining any group or organization: What You Need to Know About Cults.
The Traditional Craft of the British Isles, also called Trad Witchcraft or the Craft¹, is an umbrella term for those spiritual Old Craft traditions that have a Traditionalist perspective with Traditional Magic as its centre. Traditional Crafters, or Traditional Witches, have always been primarily solitaries, but groups certainly do exist. Some may refer to their group as a "coven" while others, including us, avoid that term because of its Christian etiology.
Some sites that we list may refer to Hedge Witchery. Hedge Witches often specialize in herbalism and in shamanistic journeying or Riding the Hedge. This involves entering a trance state in order to travel to the Other Side, or Spirit World to converse with the spirits. Most Crafters do this to one degree or another, while many are much more involved with this method of obtaining information, guidance, and even divination.²
- Canny Crafting Traditional Witchcraft - An attractive and interesting informational website. Note: This site may be temporarily closed: http://www.freewebs.com/wulfe/index.htm.
- Cornish Witchcraft - An archive of information, via articles, imagery and film, relating to witchcraft and folk-magical tradition in Cornwall.
- Stone Pages - Stonehenge, stone circles, dolmens, ancient standing stones, cairns, barrows, hillforts and archaeology of megalithic Europe.
- Shee-Erie - An online guide to Ancient Ireland.
- Gemma Gary, Photo Gallery - The wild landscape, its lonely places and potent 'pulse spots' are of great importance to the path of the traditional magical practitioner.
¹ The Craft refers to the Traditional Craft and does not include Wicca or Neo-Paganism.
² Hedge Witchery does not include the writings of Wiccan authors that claim to be Hedge Witches.